A talented and enthusiastic carpenter, ready to learn and able to lift heavy items as necessary.
At Space Joinery we pride ourselves on designing individual and beautiful furniture and providing excellent client service from the beginning of each project to completion.
The work and clients vary and our goal is to continually push the boundaries in fitted furniture design to achieve a perfect end result that is both beautiful and functional.
Most of our work is for existing clients who come back each time they want a new room or house completing and we now have an opportunity for an additional talented and enthusiastic carpenter to join our team.
Based in Byfleet, working mainly within a ten mile radius on high end projects, in both completed homes and building sites, working as part of an established team, no two days are the same and you would need to enjoy a challenge and learning new skills.
The work involves:
- Residential and site work
- Fitting bespoke made to measure furniture including dressing rooms, wine rooms, utility areas and upholstered items.
- Working from 8.00am to 4.00pm
- The work involves heavy lifting on a regular basis, often up and down staircases.
- Can be full or part time, self employed or PAYE
- NVQ2 qualified but not essential
- Second fix experience essential and building site experience
- Able to scribe within 1-2mm
- Clean driving licence
- Polite, presentable and well mannered, good communication skills able to liaise with clients and other trades.
- Able to work on own initiative and think creatively
- Able to read design drawings
- Able to set out and level large spaces
- Able to measure spaces and record information accurately for team to work from where necessary
- Own van and ideally own tools
- Keen to develop existing skills and learn new ones
- Desire to develop new skills
- Passionate to create beautiful new designs.
- Uniform supplied
- Full training given
You will be part of a close knit team, fully supported, working on original one off designs.
If you are interested, please send CV directly to [email protected]